Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SMS and SMSuperS Mahjong Sets!



I waited over a month and a half to receive these, SEA shipping takes a long time. Although, with how heavy these are I likely saved a lot more money than if I chose any other shipping method.
In any case, I wanted to share the many photos I took of these! I never knew they existed until I saw another collector with them, and I knew I had to get my own someday.The boxes in the center are from the original SuperS set I bought, but it is missing quite a few pieces along with having cracks in the cases, and they never came with a board. I bought these other two sets in one auction from Japan but the SuperS set was missing the instructions, thankfully my first SuperS set came with them so I basically have a full set minus the box! 

I'm trying to keep the images rather large so it is easier to see some things, but I might make more detailed/closeup photos some other time if I feel it is necessary. 

Sailor Moon S (SMS) Mahjong set: 
Each set comes with it's own instructions and a "scorecard" (or at least I call it that), that seems to be showing how much each tile piece is worth. Also included is a set of "chips" which I assume are for keeping score, and a pair of dice. The board has two sides to it, it seems that you could play two different (?) games.
Here you can get a slightly better look at the tiles. I wish I had opened up the cases for the photo! There appears to be 9 tiles of each character plus a wand, princess, and blank tile.
This photo actually shows the "scorecards" for the SMS and SMSuperS boards along with the instruction booklet for the SMS board. I have not yet tried to decipher how to play the games!
Each side of the board has different images and it seems that they would require a different set up.

SMSuperS Mahjong Set:
 The set I just received did not come with the instructions, just a beaten up scorecard and everything else you see here. It appears to be missing one tile but I can hopefully figure out which one and replace it with my other incomplete set. It is also missing one die, and I don't have any to replace it, but I can always use one from the other Mahjong set. This set basically comes with the same types of items as the other set, just with different images on the tiles and board.




The instructions and scorecard from my original set are actually in beautiful shape, which is weird since the set itself is so beaten up! In fact, the scorecard has never been cut from the backing!










 Here is a slightly better photo of the tiles/pieces. Again, I wish I had thought to take the covers off! I will try to do that soon and show what all the chips look like, too.
 Again, each side of the board is a different image, so I assume there are different ways to play the game!








I hope you enjoyed the post! I just wanted to share my newest additions after waiting so long to receive them!

1 comment:

  1. My copy did not have scorecard or rules, wouldn't mind knowing more how to play.

    ReplyDelete